Tuesday, 9 February 2010

SharePoint Search Error - failed due to the following error: 800703fa.

When I tried to edit my User Profiles and Properties page in my Shared Services Providor, I saw the error below

"An error occured while accessing the SQL Server database or the Office SharePoint Server Search Service. If this is the first time you have seen this messag, try again later. If this problem persists, contact your administrator"

On clicking on the Search Settings in the SSP, I got the error below, and the same error repeated in the event log..
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {BDEADEE2-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F} failed due to the following error: 800703fa.

Also no search results were being returned.

We were running MOSS 2007 on Windows Server 2008 R2. The solutions was to reset IIS! No idea why I had this problem and how it solved but didnt have the time to investigate it that day!

1 comment:

hanry said...

You own a very interesting blog covering lots of topics I am interested as well.I just added your site to my favourites for being able in the future... Please continue your excellent blog writing